Started in 2016, Illumis Creations is owned and operated by Catherine Chan in Melbourne, Australia. It is a small, freelance business specialising in bespoke costumes and handmade, embroidered products, accessories and crafts.
Catherine is a versatile seamstress and crafter. She endeavours to create costumes that are well-constructed, detailed and tailored, and she will go the extra mile to hand-finish items. She applies the same quality-control to her other products.
Extremely proud of what she makes and often finding it hard to part with her creations, Catherine enjoys seeing her labours of love in the hands of her clients.
Professionally, she is a costume maker and dresser for theatre and screen with a variety of international industry experience.
You can see more of Catherine’s industry work at the links below:
Catherine Chan Costumier
- Pattern drafting & draping
- Cut and construction
- Traditional men’s tailoring
- Basic corsetry
- Hand & machine sewing (domestic/industrial)
- Hand & machine embroidery
- Digitizing for machine embroidery
- Basic EVA foam and thermoplastic work for props/armour
- Best Group Cosplay (Juno) with Mudget Makes (Connor and Sharpshooter) – EB Expo, Sydney
- Runner up – Ubisoft’s E3 Fan Video Contest, Cosplay Category – “The Puppeteer”